Sunday 3 January 2010

Snow way.

Snow joking I had to go to the gym again today. For over ten years I have never known the weather to stop me from getting the miles in on a weekend, cycling or running. Maybe an odd weekend here and there but it not seems like an age ago since I completed a good quality long run, not that I'm to bothered at the moment as I have plenty of time on my hands before my marathon training starts. At this rate the early popular races will all be cancelled, which will just mean I will have to train more.
For some cardiovascular training I did 20 minutes each on the stepper, cycle and treadmill all at a reasonable moderate effort. I must admit when I'm not interval training on these machine it does seem never ending, a quick bash on the weights afterwards left me feeling quite good considering.
Tomorrow I will get into the Spartan mode of training and run the 7 mile to work no matter what the weather is like. Every year after winter training training you always find that you have become a slightly different athlete, better finishing sprint, better on the hills, more endurance power or even on the negative side in that you have managed to of trained yourself to run slower. God only knows how I will pop out of this winter, but I'm looking forward to it one way or another.
Last night I managed to make a good bottle of wine disappear whilst watching a movie, it's a good job there is only one night left of this holiday as all my bottles that I have won are nearly out of stock. The more you win the more they try again get you back on the drink to slow you down. Fantastic.

No comments: