Saturday 2 January 2010

Small Duathlon Seed Planted.

Yet again the frost was so severe that the back roads and paths were too bad to run on with any decent speed. So yet again it was a case of training indoors, at this rate you would think I was training for the treadmill Olympic Games. Tomorrow hopefully I will get about 15 miles in jogging around the country villages with the emphasis on enjoyment rather than speed.
Another hurdle at the moment is trying to get rid of the slight headache/hangover before I can start training, a minor set back with these holiday periods.
The World Duathlon Championships are in Edinburgh 4th/5th September - 10km run, 40km cycle, 5km run - which I wouldn't mind having a go at but you have to qualify, the nearest race as in travelling distance is in March which means I will have no time to do any extra biking due to the need to concentrate on the marathon. I may just go and have a go anyway seeing as I still have all my bikes and gear from my biking days. I might as well get some use out my bikes before the dust gets any thicker.

No comments: