Saturday 20 March 2010

Go 4th and beyond.

After three failed attempts at my speed session on the treadmill it was time today to try again. 9 minutes 10 seconds of running at 19km/h with 2 minutes 50 seconds recovery with four sets to complete the grueling session. This time I was successful and I am now feeling quite good about next weekends 5 mile race at Hartlepool Marina. Last year I was the fastest British runner over forty for 5 miles and this year it would be great to emulate that feat.
Tomorrow I have a very hilly twenty two miler planned with the aim once again of trying not to push it too hard, the last time I ran this route in January it was above knee deep in snow on top of the moor and hopefully it might of melted by now.
I have just received my race number for the Sheffield Half Marathon which is five weeks away, I will be aiming for a sub 70 minute race to make sure I'm on the right track ready for the Edinburgh Marathon as well as it being a good time to test some race gear. I'm thinking of using a slightly more cushioned race shoe than what I normally use in the notion of what I will loose in time in the first 8 miles I will more than gain in the last 5 miles, I have often thought about it but never risked it. The Adidas Boston 2's should do the trick thanks to some vouchers I managed to win. The colour scheme is not the best but just so long as they do the job who cares.

No comments: