Saturday 30 April 2011

Big Stride Forward.

  I never made it for my 20 mile run on Friday due to my calf muscles still being stiff from last Wednesday's speed session  as I have a long run penciled in for this Sunday anyway I thought it would be a wise decision to have a rest day. This morning my legs were still a bit stiff but not enough to stop me doing a good hard 10 miles and I even made some big improvements compared to last week. All this sunshine is doing wonders for my running as it makes the long runs alot more enjoyable it may be thirsty work at times but give me sunshine any day to all those freezing and wet days we had to endure last winter.
  I was going to hold back from entering the Redcar Half Marathon which is mid June until I had run the Melmerby 10k at the end of May so that I could compare race for race to see if I would be good enough to get the sub 75 minute half marathon qualification time that is required for next years London Marathon, if not then I was going to save my energy for a half marathon at a later date. With the way my training is going at the moment I'm sure I would be able to run 75 minutes by mid June so I might risk the £20 entry fee and get myself entered. If anyone has got any tips on the best place to park please let me know.

No comments: