Wednesday 27 April 2011

Killer 3's

 The killer 3's. My interval session  today was 3 minutes quick with 2 minutes easy with the aim of completing 10 of these. The 3 minutes quick is run at my favourite pace which covers plenty of different speed sessions and is known technically  (not really) as "eye balls out".  The first 3 minutes at eye balls out pace sets the distance which needs to be covered for the rest of the intervals so if you make the first interval extremely hard then the last one is totally  hell. After only 3 intervals done my calf's were seizing up and my oxygen intake was working overtime, I knew 10 would be impossible today but I did manage to knock 6 of the blighters out. In the past I have run faster and longer and completed the full 10 intervals but to be honest I'm chuffed to bits with today's session and with no ankle trouble what so ever.

No comments: