Saturday 21 May 2011

Murder on the Treadmill.

  The uphill training session on the treadmill this morning was absolutely murder, in an attempt to match my PB I was forced to give it 101% and in the end I cracked and didn't manage to keep the pace going on the steep uphill sections. My running form crumbled as pushed myself beyond my capabilities which didn't help and I was almost drowning in my own sweat, my attempts to grab a quick drink became more of a squirt in the face of Lucozade along with choking as inhaled the drink instead of drinking it. So you could say it was a fantastic hard training session and to be honest my will power for tackling hard sessions is now almost at it's limit so it's a good job I'm back racing next weekend.
  I would imagine that tomorrow's long run will have to be really steady but you never know I might wake up and my legs feel ok, but with age the days of bouncing straight back after a hard session are now very few and far between. I missed out on my 10k back to back races early this month but I might give it another go next year.

No comments: