Thursday 19 May 2011

Long Last.

  Usually by the end of March come early April I pack in with weight training and spend the extra time running but this year I can't believe I've lasted this long. I manage  two weight training sessions a week and this year I'm going to try and keep it going all year seeing as the time away from running makes the runs I do feel more rewarding.
  Not long to go now before my return to the race scene, it's been a long 6 months since my last proper race so I'm sure to find it really hard but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to trying out my new North York Moors club vest on which note I should know next week if I'm allowed to be counted in team competitions for them.
  Friday 17th June is my planned date to take on the 40 mile Lyke Wake Walk which I will be walking and not running. I'm sure I could run it easy enough at a steady pace but the idea of walking it seems a much harder task for some strange reason.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary, I find walking anywhere sooo slooow since I started running. I'm sure 40 miles will be good for your endurance though, it's a good hike. Pleased to see that you'll soon be back to racing fitness. Cheers John