Wednesday 1 June 2011

Kirkby Time

 This coming Saturday is the Kikby Malzeard 10k which is also the next race in the Yorkshire Dales Race Series, I have done this race in the past and on each of those occasions I have not looked forward to doing the race for one reason or another but this time I'm keen as hell. In 2008 I managed to get round the hilly course in 32 minutes 30 secs or there abouts so it's not as if it's a really slow course so I would expect myself to be aiming to try and get under 35 minutes going off last weekends race results from Melmerby. More important than trying to run sub 35 minutes will be trying to improve my time compared to other runners who I raced against last weekend, the 30 seconds that I predicted last week that I would improve by will do for starters. The chances of me winning the Yorkshire Dales Race Series are very slim in deed and you could say a miracle would be a more fitting word. The 2nd spot is not quite out of reach yet so that looks like a good place to focus some of my attention on, I say some because even the battle for 3rd and 4th is looking like it's going to be a close call this year.
 

No comments: