Saturday 11 January 2014

Back for Good ?

  Week 6

   I can't believe six weeks have passed since I came up with the crazy idea of running again. I have tried a few times over the past few years to get back running again but each time the lack of motivation, enthusiasm or something else seemed to bring the running game to an end. This time round is different and I'm trying my best to make sure I don't over do it with the hard training, I might not go as quick as I should but I'm going to enjoy it.
    I am that keen I even bought myself a new book on running  firstly for some inspiration and secondly for some new training ideas. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks and that seems to be about right as I don't seem to agree with a lot of the training ideas in the book, to be honest the authors ideas seem to be a bit dated and contradicting to what is happening now.
   My training has improved without a question of doubt due to the fact that I don't need to waste two to three days recovering after each time I run faster than anything more than plod mode, I was beginning to think it was an age thing but thankfully I haven't reached that age yet what ever it may be.
   The Hartlepool Marina 5 mile is looking good to me for my first race back and from there, who knows ?

No comments: