Sunday 12 January 2014

Testing Time.

   I have my next 5k test run this Wednesday with the aim of trying to complete it in under eighteen minutes, I feel I might be rushing things too much so I have decided to adjust my target sligtly and settle for anything anywhere near the eighteen minute mark. My next 5k test after that is not for three weeks which gives me a more realistic time slot to try and carve off a ten second lump.
 " The best training plans are written in pencil ". And with the way I am constantly adjusting my plans day to day I couldn't agree more with that which is one of my favourite quotes. Another quote which I saw last week after running to work and feeling totally goosed was " You don't win gold by having good luck. " It made the feeling of being knackered a good thing.
   The long run this morning was a bit on the cold side but the main thing was it was enjoyable, the idea of leaving my watch or any other measuring device at home certainly helps me to stick with a nice steady pace and not turn the run in to some sort of race, ( I know how quick I can get between hundreds of different check points in a twenty mile radius of Thirsk ) as I can't help myself but to try and match anything I have done in the past. Not this time though as I'm starting to learn how to control that little devil on my shoulder that has tricked me on many occasions in to running myself in to the ground.

No comments: