Wednesday 12 February 2014

England Athletics.

  England Athletics ! ppphh .
    I can't enter some races at the moment because I haven't a England Athletics registration number, so to make sure I don't miss out getting into races I'm having to register as unaffiliated runner. I have joined Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers and ten pounds of my membership fee goes to England Athletics. I had not been a member of a running club for two years but England Athletics wanted another ten pounds off me to see if they will let me change from the last club I was a member of. They will decide on the 14th of this month and then I should be allowed to run as a team member for Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers by the 1st of March. I can presently run as an individual for Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers but I don't have a registration number so I guess I can't .  Great system or what ?
  Besides all that I have continued my training to knock another fifteen seconds off my next 5km test run and I was definitely right in thinking it's going to start to get really hard from here on now. Once I'm down to 16 minutes 30 seconds I will have to switch tactics and settle for just  knocking ten seconds off each three or four weeks.
  The weight battle continues which is also coming along nicely but just like the training it is getting hard, I have managed to shed 1 stone 3 lb which just leaves me another stone to go. My next target is to get down to bang on eleven stone by the end of March ready for the Hartlepool Marina 5 mile, it will be my first race in nearly two years. At least I can get my old Thirsk and Sowerby Vest on now, well with a bit of help.
   I wonder if the bad weather we are having at the moment  will ruin my training ? Errrr not a chance.
     

No comments: