Saturday 1 March 2014

Should of Dunn better.

     Keep it going, going well, half way, now crank it up a touch. These were the thoughts that I was having in today's  5km test run. I knew I was way better than my first bench mark of 16 minutes 45 seconds and was in shape for a 16 minutes 30 second performance. Everything went better than I had expected and and I completed the 5k in 16 minutes 24 seconds, good but I could of done better. I am struggling with what I think I should be capable of from my training results compared to what I can actually do. Plus the big leap in performance makes me doubt myself and err on the cautious side. I felt I ran the first two thirds of the 5k a touch too slow today and probably could of carved another six seconds or so off my time. So I will go straight to targeting a sub 16 minute 5k for my next test in around three weeks time. Just in case anyone thinks I might be slacking with a short test run I mashed out another fifty minutes of hard training after that for good measure.
    My legs will take a bit of recovering now as they feel like two wooden stumps with a cannon ball stuffed into each calf muscle but they had better sort themselves out sharpish as they have a hilly seventeen mile run tomorrow to look forward to.
    The Sun is starting to show its face now and again as we approach spring time which is absolutely fantastic news for me. I am not sure if I run off solar power or that I have a super cooling system. Either way bring out the sun the hotter the better for me.


 

No comments: