Wednesday 14 May 2014

All Guns Blazing

  After laying low for the last two to three weeks it was time to come out and attack with all guns blazing. I am totally obsessed with trying to beat some of best training sessions from six years ago and today I was on the verge of equalling one of them. I am not too sure if that would mean I am back to my best due to the amount of effort I seem to be putting in. I had to resort to using mind games to get me through today's speed training session. After one repetition I felt ten was unachievable  so I set my mind on eight. After eight repetitions which would of been good enough I had to try one more to make it a really good day. With nine repetitions done I thought I might as well now just try that last final one, ohhhhh that was bloody tough but well worth it to to see number ten. No more pain now to look forward to until Sunday seeing as my long run this week is on Saturday.
   My battle with my weight has also had a bit of an hiccup over the last two to three weeks and just like my running it is now back on track. I reckon I only need to loose another five pounds to be back to a decent race weight, call it four weeks then I can get back to training fully fuelled up rather than all this training on an empty tank. Pies and burgers sound like they have plenty of fuel in them.
 
 

No comments: