Sunday 18 May 2014

Master Plan

   Almost six months ago I started running again to see how well I could do as a v45. From the outset I thought that it would be totally unthinkable to match anything running wise that I had done previously. Mainly down to age amongst other things but today at long last I have managed to equal one of my personal best speed training sessions. My guesstimation is that I should well and truly be capable of running under sixteen minutes for a 5k race and may be even under 15 minutes 30 seconds. In fact I'm now raring to go and test that theory out but unfortunately I have another two weeks to wait for the Middlesbrough 5k race.
 I have reduced the mileage of my weekly long run at as I am trying to save every drop of energy and use it in my speed training sessions and it appears to of paid off.
   I just about resisted not to enter today's Ripon 10 mile race instead I opted to stick with the speed training. I have won the Ripon 10m race six times and it would of been good to of tried to make it a lucky seven. The quest for a medal at the National Masters Championships is far to important and therefore I will stick with the " Master Plan ". Once the Masters race is over with then I think I will have some fun and get plenty of races in. The Masters track championships are not until August and my present thought is to take it as it comes. I have reserve plan just in case plan  'A'  fails. Plan 'A'  being medaling at both the masters championships and then getting selected for Team England. The reserve plan or plan 'B' is preparing for a crack at my all time 10k best time at the Leeds Abbey Dash 10k which just so happens to be on the same weekend in November.
   
 

No comments: