Sunday 16 May 2010

On the mend.

The cold I have is on the mend due to the fact that I feel quite a bit better today than yesterday. Instead of doing my planned fast/steady 10 miler as my last long run in preparation for the marathon I opted for a more steady 14 miler and I even managed to ease back on some steep hills as I am trying my up most not to over do it and save all my energy for the marathon.
I have been checking up on my rivals and some ahead of me on paper are not going as well as expected but unfortunately some that are below me on the list appear to be going really well, not that it should matter to me so much as this year I will be trying to run my own race.
Is that Mr Ian Fisher of Otley I see running 30 minutes 50 seconds ish at the Great Manchester 10k. Good to see him back running and doing so well if it is. And another rival that always gets the better of me Darran Bilton of Leeds now looks to be beatable to me this year, I will look forward to the challenge soon hopefully before his form improves.
I can sense a nervous week ahead as the race nears especially as there's only 7 days to go.

4 comments:

Antony Bradford said...

Not too sure but I think you may find that is another Ian Fisher from Altringham AC. I do agree, It would be great to see the original Ian Fisher running again - even if it is only from the back!

Once again good luck.

The Engineer said...

Any ideas on the Chinese comment.

Antony Bradford said...

Yes, it says;- Don't forget the China Dragon, Main Street, Edinburgh for your post race re-fuel.

Jill Bennett said...

Good Luck in Edinburgh!