Friday 14 May 2010

Slight set back, on your bike.

The cold has now got worse and it's a good job the race is not this Sunday or else I would be in serious trouble. The good news is after consulting my training diaries over the last three years is that I should be fully fit for the Edinburgh Marathon. Tomorrow I should be just as bad as today and then I should gradually improve until Wednesday. From Wednesday I should be back to being healthy and by Sunday I should be 100% ready to race. That's if my last four colds are anything to go by. Another good thing is that the forced rest will do wonders for my marathon training, as I'm not one for keeping to what I should be doing and I'm forever feeling that I should be doing more.
This week I have yet again spent alot of time cycling , weight training and using the stepping machine in the gym whilst waiting for my legs to recover from last weekends race, that is until today when the cold got the better of me.
Cycling is slowly worming it's way back into my life once again, with watching the cycling on the T.V. and fellow workmates now on road bikes and with me just ordering a new road bike for work. The urge to go and have another go at a bike race is increasing daily and I won't be able to resist the temptation much longer. All this extra activity away from running actually keeps me keen as hell for running.
I'm sure I'm some sort of a raceaholic , just one more race and I will be happy which then leads to another then another then another. Just one more !

No comments: