Friday 21 May 2010

Gone with a bang.

I would say I'm around 95% fit at the moment and improving daily from this cold. My bags are packed, running kit is all tried and tested and just a quickish 3 mile run in the morning and then all I can do is wait nervously for the start. On a positive note the Adidas Adios running shoes are the best fitting race shoes I have ever owned, due to the way I run I usually suffer from blisters even in races that are only 5 mile long but these Adios shoes have left my feet in perfect condition even after a half marathon so the shoes are a great addition to this years marathon. After doing next to nowt this week training wise I was feeling sluggish but on the bike to work this morning I put the hammer down and was surprised how much stronger I felt than normal and I quickly eased back as I know every precious ounce of energy will be needed on Sunday. Even my pre race warm up is going to be severely reduced than normal due to the fact last year I got to the start line too early and due to nervousness spent a good 30 minutes plus jogging around wasting my valuable resources, this year if I get to the start line early you will find me sitting by the side of the road feet up and resting until 15 minutes before the start. One thing for sure is when I hear the starters gun go bang all worries and nervousness vanish instantly as battle commences.

1 comment:

Terry Lonergan said...

Hoping all goes well for you, Gary.
Trust you will be rewarded with the time and position you deserve from your commitment to training particularly your dedication to the long runs.
Terry L.