Saturday 12 April 2014

100 Days.

    It was a cracking effort this morning in my task of trying to run my new 5.25km test run in under sixteen minutes, I didn't manage to succeed but I was close with a time of 16 mins 02 seconds. Could I have managed to shave them few seconds off ? The honest answer is probably not but it was a twenty two second improvement from my last test so I am more than happy with that. And that rounds it up nicely for another twenty two second improvement to aim at for my next 5.25km test in three weeks time. With the way things are going  I would say that sounds very do-able.
   I am convinced I should be capable of challenging my personal best time at 5k come the Middlesbrough race on the 1st June.
   I have been working on the art of recovery since January in the notion that the sooner I am recovered the sooner I can get training again and therefore fit more training days into a shorter time. Today I have completed 100 days of consecutive running training, with only a hand full of very easy running days which were early on in the year whilst I was adapting. If I felt I was injured, ill or not up to running then I would be more than happy to take time out as I'm not trying to do a Ron Hill by running every day for thirty years.
   

No comments: