Monday 21 April 2014

Man down.

   I had to take four days off from running due to my cold virus spreading to my chest, I would of liked to of continued training but from past experience I know that instead of a cold lasting a couple of weeks it ends up being a couple of months.
  Eventually  I managed to get out for a four mile jog yesterday and better still a six mile run this morning. The run this morning was steady away with no strenuous effort and most importantly there was no chest pain. At a guess I would say its going to take at least until Friday before I'm back to full health and can resume full training. It has been a bit of a set back to say the least but on a positive note I'm keen as mustard and raring to go.
   I will torture myself mentally now until I am fit enough and do one of my 5k test runs to see what damage has been done. The week off from work and the lack of training has probably done the most damage by the way of my body weight and I will be straight on to that as well come first thing tomorrow morning.
    I could do with some new training shoes and some clothing so I might need to venture out very soon to some races  to see if I can pick  up some prize money or vouchers. The faster I go the better the prize what more of an incentive could anyone ask for.

No comments: