Saturday 26 April 2014

Up and Running.

 It was Thursday by the time I had just about got rid of my cold and could start training properly again, I started with some eight mile steady runs which set me up nicely for today's speed training session. From today's training I should now be able to get under 16 minutes for my next 5.25km treadmill test run come Wednesday.
    Having done some more calculations I now reckon that the extra 0.25km added onto my 5k test run on the treadmill to replicate a road 5k race compensates for the extra weight that I am carrying and as I close in on my ideal race weight then in theory the extra distance should be reduced until both distances match up again.
   I was thinking about what to do after the National  masters 5k championship events and the idea of doing the London Marathon appears to be an excellent idea. Firstly getting a qualifying time to enter as a championship runner should be well within my capabilities and I will look forward to trying to achieve it starting from September. Secondly the winter training will be much easier mentally if I have a something big to aim for. Thirdly I was supposed to run the London Marathon in 2011 but due to doing my ankle in I missed out. Also the British age championships are at London and that is another reason why it has to be London. Another reason to run a marathon again is to try and run one and stick to my pre-race pacing plan which I have never managed yet,  I'm know I could of won the Edinburgh Marathon in 2010 if I had stuck to my plan. A sub 2 hour 30 sounds good to me for a starting point.
  More importantly for the time being  I have the National Masters 5k Track Championships in August to focus on once I have done the road championships in June.
 
 
 

No comments: