Sunday 27 April 2014

Power Up

   My legs were still a touch stiff this morning as I set off for this weeks long run. Twenty mile was on the menu so I was cautious early on as I wanted to keep a good steady training speed for the whole distance and not be slowing down in the last six miles which has been the case since making a return to running. To make sure I don't race round I keep reminding myself that I have fifteen miles to run the next day as well. The run today went really well and according to plan and I also managed to shave off fifteen minutes from the last time I did the same route at the beginning of March with a time of two hours and four minutes. Still some way off my best but I do feel a hell of a lot stronger now over longer distances.
    All I need to do now is refuel, recover and make sure I'm fully fit and raring to go for another fifteen miles tomorrow.
 

No comments: