Friday 25 July 2014

Failing to get Better.

 Friday 25th July

   I am more than pleased at the moment with the way my training is coming along,  each week I slightly  increase the difficulty and I have just about managed on all occasions to succeed. So once again I will be upping my game and taking a big step into the unknown tomorrow morning, one month ago I tried one of Jim Bulmans treadmill sessions which I only just about completed by the skin of my teeth. So I am cranking the speed up a notch on all sections to see how I get on, there's a good chance of failure which just means I will just have to go for as long as possible before I crack and can't take anymore. Surely you can't get any tougher than that. So this is when Failure becomes harder, stronger, meaner and faster.

Saturday 26th July

  Ka Boom. That's another training session smashed and now needs upgrading. I managed to knock off one minute twenty seconds over the ten miles which is a huge improvement, my stamina appears to becoming along in leaps and bounds which is just what the doctor ordered if I'm going to run another marathon in under two hours thirty minutes.
   A steady hilly  sixteen miler on the North York Moors tomorrow morning to look forward to, nothing too serious the emphasis will be on enjoying it.
  I will be doing some pace testing as soon as my new GPS watch turns up, instead of trying to get under thirty three minutes at the Darlington 10k I will go for glory or bust and operate at thirty two minute thirty second pace for as long as possible. Well ! That's what I have penciled in for the time being.

No comments: