Wednesday 23 July 2014

Post Race Recovery.

  I found the race last weekend  to be a bit of a tough one and I was all prepared to take it easy on Monday for my post race recovery and even maybe treat myself to day off as a reward for doing so well.  Then on Monday morning for some strange reason my legs actually felt quite good so off I went and managed to clock up fifteen miles. It was a touch on the warm side and felt even hotter Tuesday so I clocked up another 15 miles.
   The plan today was a speed session on the treadmill which turned out to be a god send in a way seeing as it's a lot cooler inside the gym than outside. It would of been even cooler if the dumb bell junkies had the brains not to open the fire door and let the air conditioning do it's job. Anyway  I am going all out now training wise in the quest to crack 33 minutes at the Darlington 10k in two and half weeks time. I had a look at my past training data to see what I had managed to do back in 2010 at 21km/h, I added  ten seconds to the interval time and removed  ten seconds off the recovery time it sounded easy enough. Ohhhhh eck ! That was hard work to say the least, it was only because I had the thought of taking it easy for a few days that I managed to complete the planned training session.
   I think I might go for a TomTom GPS watch instead of the Garmin as it seems like it is just what I'm looking for from a racing point of view.
 
 

No comments: