Wednesday 30 July 2014

Ka-Pop !

 Ka-Pop ! That was how the training went this evening, after all the good training sessions of recent the time had to come when I would try to push it too far. My training log stated that I was at my total limit the last time  I did some sprint training, so I thought it would be a good idea to add an extra five seconds at a set speed. That good idea is no more, it's lying in tatters down at the gym along with my morale as I failed miserably to complete the session and I didn't even get close. Maybe I was having an off day that sounds like a good reason to me, either way I will be dusting myself down and getting ready for my next hard session on Saturday.
    Now that I have done a few races I'm starting to miss them at the weekends when I'm between races and training and unfortunately I have another one and half weeks to wait until my next fix.
    In marathon world Manchester is still my number one choice for next year and if it stays that way for another month I will get myself entered.
   I will end it there as cramp is setting in, the joys of sprint training. Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh, ouch, arrrrrgggghhhh.

No comments: