Sunday 21 September 2014

The air was fresh and crisp.............

  The air was fresh and crisp and the sun was making an occasional appearance through the clouds for this mornings leisurely twenty one miler of a run around the North Yorkshire country side, well it started off like that but it didn't take long before it turned into a muggy hard sweaty slog. The first ten miles went by as planned but the last eleven miles seemed to take forever as I made hard work of them. I have no idea why the wheels came off so I will put it down to being just a bit of an off day, on a positive note at least I have banked twenty one miles into my base building account.
   I went to the dogs on Friday night which was a good laugh and I couldn't resist having a few drinks, no problem there, that was until I got up Saturday morning for my speed training session which was one mile reps. The first half mile was OK then it felt like all the lager I had the night before started to flood out of my sweat glands which in turn resulted in slow mile times and with me absolutely drenched in sweat. Can't complain too much as I felt much better afterwards.
    I just need to get back on track now for my next speed training session on Wednesday, I have eight weeks to go before the start of my main target races which is plenty of time in reality but I know from past experience that if I start drifting from my plan a week here and a week there then before I know it I will be panic training.

No comments: