Saturday 31 October 2015

Mind games.

   I have only been back running a few weeks and already the mind games have begun, which is a good thing I think. I recycle my rivals comments  and actions into training fuel which makes long runs seem shorter and extends my limits during the  hard training sessions.
   Where am I going with this running lark ?  I would say I have already taken a step out of the general keep fit zone area due to the fact that I seem concerned about improving my 5km park run time. So that is why the question is needed. I have trained before with no particular aim or target but to have an aim or target certainly helps to get the best out of myself. A marathon, 5k national masters  championships, 5k masters track championships or even trying to break my 3000m  personal best on the indoor track. Plenty to choose from, I could do all but there can only be one.
 

1 comment:

Paintedrunner said...

Welcome back Gary, enjoy your running, run freely, the rest will all fall into place.