Thursday 31 December 2015

Hungry games.

   I am now ready for another return journey back to the world of running. Plenty of weight to loose and plenty of mileage is required which I am looking forward to attacking on both fronts. Too much to drink, too much to eat and too much doing nothing results in hunger for fitness, and I'm hungry very hungry.
   I had a brief return spell back in September come October but my foot had other ideas in the way of plantar fasciitis, I haven't managed to get shot of the problem yet though I will be doing as much as possible this time round to do something about it. Anyway I will pressing on with or without the problem, if it wants pain I will show it pain and believe me its going to get some if it trys stopping me. It has had its chance of a rest , I just hope it made the most of it because time has run out and the return journey has departed.
  What's on the menu for me in 2016 running wise,  well not a whole lot yet, get back racing, loose some weight and in the long term see if I can crack sub 18 minutes for 5km before summer time. I feel the need to run a marathon for charity and also the need to do a few cycling sportives to help keep thing enjoyable.
   There has been very few times that I have enjoyed my winter training and it is looking like this could be a good year for me which is obviously due to doing next to nowt before hand. The first year of cycling and the same running were obviously the easiest as I was keen as mustard to be out there come wind, rain or snow. The years after that were on a declining slope of enjoyment as the training load increased which on reflection was down to my own fault of training too hard, too long and too much in the quest to go faster.  I knew to train smarter but steadily through winter that little devil on my shoulder kept telling me I wasn't going fast enough or far enough, I wonder if he can be controlled this time round. Errm I doubt it to.
 
   

No comments: