Sunday 10 January 2016

Middle of nowhere.

   The journey continues slowly but surely as I get used to running more than twice aweek again.  Forty miles was enough for this week and that wasn't just on the physical side, every time I stepped out of the door it was either raining or it started to rain. I can't say I have seen this much rain in all my training years running or cycling, the worst part of it is running to work or back again in the dark with an head torch on and not being able to see next to nothing with the glare reflecting back off the rain. Ohhh the joys of running.
  I'm hoping to try and get fifty miles clocked up this week and its looking like this week will continue were it left off last week with more rain forecasted, seeing as I'm so keen at the moment the rain won't be stopping me that's for sure.
   Training shoe wise I have dropped back down half a size so that my training shoes feel more snugger and therefore feel more speedier. It was about 2008 when I moved up an half size so my feet had some room to expand during marathon races and thus have less foot problems, it worked a treat back then but seeing as I haven't got a marathon planned this year I thought I might as well try the change. It's early days yet but it appears to be working. I say that, they might feel faster but I definetly ain't going faster that is for sure.
  The first week of dieting has gone well which was to be expected let's see if I'm still saying that in six weeks time.
  I was hoping to squeeze some weight training in as well each week but to be honest I don't seem to be able to find enough time to run never mind hitting the weights. On that front I will have a rethink come spring time.
  So the only thing to do now is dry out my trainers and get them ready for another drenching tomorrow morning.
  One last thing, I did see an old rival in the middle of nowhere in Swaledale as I was driving along, I say the middle of nowhere he calls it home. Tony Lambert ex Swaledale runner now running for the old enemy Richmond Zetland Harriers. (Old enemy to me anyway)  It was good to have a catch up on old times and hear how he is going these days, just as well now as then by the sounds of it. I will need to pull my finger out and everything else out if I am going to try and take him on.

No comments: