Saturday 12 March 2016

Scuppered.

   I had planned to do a 5k park run this morning which I was really looking forward to doing with the main aim to see if my training is doing its job. Anyway my plan was scuppered yesterday morning as I came off my bike on the way to work, I was steadily navigating my way round the roundabout when I hit a patch of diesel and my wheels shot out beneath me. I managed to take most of the impact on my shoulder and head, luckily nothing was broken and I continued on my journey. My shoulder was severely sore for the first few hours afterwards but then improved throughout the day, my cheekbone had a huge swelling along with a cut on my eyebrow and same again by the time it was home time everything was looking much worse than it actually felt.
   I woke up this morning with just a slight pain in my shoulder so I decided I would do a 5k test run on the treadmill, it was a case  of curiosity to see what I could do against any doubts of what I might not be able to do. Well ! I might as well  have gone to the park run as I wasn't hampered  in the slightest and managed to get under seventeen minutes for my 5k test run. That will do as proof for my need to see signs of improvement as I reckon that would equal a 5k on the road at seventeen minutes and fifty seconds or there abouts.
   The knock on the head must of done something to my way of thinking as I swapped any running on Friday for junk food. It's a good job I was only out of the running game for a day as my months of dieting would of taken a severe hammering. Believe me when I say there is a little fat man trapped inside me that has been trying to get out for years on end and has nearly succeeded a few times, I think his alcoholic brother lives in there too as he nearly escaped once.
    Tomorrow will see me back on track with my continuous improvement  training plan which has at least another twelve weeks to go yet and that is if there are no more hiccups.

No comments: