Saturday 19 March 2016

Trundelling Along.

   The improvement journey continues although it is somewhat different to 2014s comeback, in 2014 I was in the fast lane and seemed to improve in leaps and bounds where as this time I am trundelling along slowly but surely. I have no idea why there should be a difference other than a couple of years in age, I can't grumble though as I am still heading in the right direction.
    I couldn't  resist another attempt at one of my interval sessions that I have been doing too many of in all honesty, the " long as possible ".  This week I opted for 18kmh and needed just 8 minutes at that pace to beat my time from 4 weeks ago. 12 minutes I managed this week followed by another 6 minutes after a recovery period.  Which means I would only need an extra 4 1/2 minutes to complete 5k at this pace, it doesn't seem so much now and feels as if it is within my grasp which it certainly didn't feel like whilst in action running. I will have a go at 5k test run in a couple of weeks with  the aim of cracking that 18kmh.
    The Thirsk 10 mile race is on tomorrow morning so I will venture down after my training to give some support, next year I think I will get my name down to help out.
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a good run Dunn! Hope to see you soon for a catch up.

The Engineer said...

Cheers Jamil, it would be awesome to have a catch up. Keep up the excellent work you are doing I am mightily impressed.