Saturday 13 October 2007

Frozen out.

I decided to get back to some training and give racing a miss for a while. I decided to get my long run in today. A hilly 27 miler followed by an easy 5 miler as a recovery run in the evening. But after the long run i am now stuck in my chair unable to make it to the kitchen never mind a 5 miler. Who ever comes up with these ideas , must of never tried it out for themselves.
Overall i have managed to get some serious training in this week and probably over did it a bit. So i will look forward to taking it a bit easier next week.
With that many races to choose from and the need to get some training in , i make a decision on what to do then that usually lasts a couple of hours before i change my mind again. Blacksheep awards and training or cross country race ? Guy fawkes 10 mile race (help with preperation for Thirsk 10 mile) or Cross country race ? Then will Thirsk cross country race be cancelled and i end up with no cross country races as preperation for a go at the Yorkshire cross country championships. Maybe i should think myself lucky i have these options as someone thats injured would be more than glad to switch places.
Anyway that dog of mine is certainly back in form. After 25 miles and 2 miles left to go down a track , i let it off the lead and off it went sprinting like mad. I'm sure the dog did this just to demoralise me , and it worked. So for the time being the dog is number one. But I'll be back. When that freezing cold sleet comes the dog will suffer then , but i'll be ok with my nice warm jacket on. I can feel the number one status coming my way already ,come on the sleet.

No comments: