Sunday 28 December 2008

Kepwick 22

I took on my tough hilly 22 mile Kepwick run today and as i have not been doing enough long runs of late this run certainly took it out of me. I was struggling with the last 6 miles but i know from past that i always suffer trying to get back to being able to knock these 3 hour runs out and then being fully fit the next day. At the moment it feels like i've run a marathon but i should be back to full fitness by Tuesday hopefully. One thing i did notice was that my legs felt a lot stronger on the big climbs than usual, so may be the weight lifting is working. Once i manage to get all the way round without the legs failing me i can then work on getting round faster, and by then i will be ready for the Marathon, only 154 days left to train.
I was hoping to be in some sort of shape ready for the Yorkshire Cross Country Championships but i think more training will be the better option, especially as the Christmas spirit or spirits i should say have been over indulged in.
Not long to go now and it will be that time again to make another New Years resolution list.
Here are some that sound familiar.
1 - Loose Weight
2 - More Fitness Training
3 - Quit Drinking
4 - Get out of debt
5 - Spend more time with the Family
6 - Enjoy Life More
This year i'm hoping to break my P.B. and break them all before the end of the first week.

No comments: