Thursday 1 October 2009

No news is good news.

Nothing to report on other than getting back to full training which is good news after a week of being ill. Yesterday was the club time trial (2 miles) which is always a good indicator of my present fitness level, I was about 10 seconds slower over two miles compared to March when I was starting to hit some good form. But this time I feel I'm a long way off any descent form so I should be able to improve some what.

I managed to collect £200 in sponsorship for the Run 10k Cancer Research Event and no doubt it won't be my last charity run.

The gym work is still going well and is a great change from running all the time. This Saturday I'm going for another serious session on the treadmill, all in the drive to get my legs turning over faster.

For Sunday I'm not sure which long run route to do, as I'm still feeling quite tired mentally after the illness I think running from home will be the wiser option rather than travelling and then having to map read myself around new territory.

Having won some more sports shop vouchers I think I will treat myself to some new training shoes this Saturday. Adidas Adistar Glide are looking favourite for a change. I may regret that idea as I usually do when I stray from my usual options of Ascics Nimbus or Mizuno Wave Riders. Nike and Puma don't feel right on my feet as I supinate (under pronate). I've tried Saucony which seem good but I have yet to try New Balance and Adidas in the training shoe department. The quest for the ultimate shoe continues.

Oh ! Not forgetting the all important Blacksheep Series Championship presentaion on Sunday afternoon to look forward to.

No comments: