Wednesday 30 December 2009

Any idea will do.

Another idea I have been pondering on for some time is training on the stepping machine at the gym. It's very much like cross country skiing were you have to use your arms as well, due to having to use my arms as well as my legs my heart and lungs have to work all that much harder. To confirm this idea, whilst running at 5km pace my heart doesn't feel anywhere near as stressed as when working hard on the stepping machine. So by my reckoning during a race it should be my leg muscles that give way first before my cardiovascular system.
My other idea of still fitting in quite a bit of cycling is now advised in most of the running magazines, where you still gain fitness but it is less stress full on the joints than running plus it is a change from running all the time. I find the more cross training I do the more I look forward to my next run, I won't be gradually crossing over to another sport away from running as I know all to well that come spring time there's nowt better than running.
I should try and keep my ideas to myself, I can't afford to give some of my close rivals an inch never mind a good idea.
As I state in my Quotes. " I often regret that I have spoken never that I have remained silent".

No comments: