Thursday 12 May 2011

Lyke Wake

   The speed training last night was good but not good enough. I'm pleased with the way my training is coming along and my mental strength to push myself beyond my limits seems to be just about back to normal but the data from my training sessions highlights the need for more speed. Loosing some weight would definitely help but at the moment I need all I can eat to give me the extra energy to train hard and recover as quickly as possible ( that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ), dieting and training hard don't suit me very well as I have often found out in the past when I have ended up just about crawling home even during an easy session.
  I have a slightly easier training weekend coming up which is much needed, I will ease back slightly on my training on Saturday and come Sunday I'm off out with Phil U. for a long steady run at his place. The problem I find with doing the same old training routes is that I start to time myself between certain checkpoints and the long steady run becomes a race against time which is definitely the wrong thing to be doing, I don't know where I'm going on Sunday so the long steady run will be exactly that.
  Another idea in the pipeline at the moment is to do The Lyke Wake Walk with fellow work mate Jon Leete and maybe Keith Richardson ex nym.ac and Swaledale runner who knows just about every path on the North York Moors so would be a useful addition so we don't waste so much time map reading. The Lyke Wake Walk is a 42 mile trek from Osmotherly to Ravescar across the North York Moors and should take between 12 and 15 hours.  It's just a case of finding the right time now in between up and coming races, the Friday after the Redcar Half Marathon is looking good at this present time weather permitting.

No comments: