Sunday 8 May 2011

Result

   My legs felt a bit worse for wear this morning so instead of the 26.2 miles I just did 20 miles which was a wise decision in the end as by the time I got to 16 miles as was on my last legs, but instead of easing back I try to push on and replicate what it feels like at the end of a long distance race.
   I checked out the results from the Ripon 10 mile which I didn't do and my concerns were with seeing what the main contenders in the Yorkshire Dales Series could do. The winner was over 3 minutes behind what I have done in the past 2 years, and to be honest I now think I should of done it as I'm pretty sure I could of won the race, I said this course suits my style of running and now I might of missed my chance to get a win in the series. Sub 33 minutes has got to be what I need to be aiming for now at the Melmerby 10k if I'm going to have any chance of winning the Yorkshire Dales Race Series, it's a tall order but I love a challenge. Forza E Onore ( Strength and Honour ) . I will fight to the end.
  I need to be getting on with some serious training if I'm going to go sub 33 minutes at the Melmerby 10k but with my legs being totally mashed after todays 20 miler I will just have to be patient for a few days as I wait for my legs to recover. So some weight training it is which will also give  my mind time to fully prepare itself again for it's next hard session come Wednesday.

No comments: