Saturday 7 May 2011

Thirsk Marathon. Oh ! And London Marathon 2012

  My training run for tomorrow morning is a full 26.2 miles the first 4 miles or so is a bit hilly but after that it's really good going. The route takes me to Northallerton and back using the back roads, I have deposited a couple of bottles of Lucozade along the route just in case it's going to be warm. Anyone out there that feels the need for a 3hr 15 minutes or there abouts training run then feel free to join me.
  Todays hour of uphill training turned out to be another really tough session which is why I have changed my long hardish long run tomorrow for a good old long steady one that I can enjoy. Time is running out for me to get fully fit in time for the Melmerby 10k as it's now only 3 weeks away, my initial plan when I first got back to full training was to try and get under 34 minutes, but now I feel I should aim for 33min 30 sec.
  Tomorrow is the Ripon 10 Mile Race which I have won for the last 6 years but unfortunately and sadly I will be missing it this year, the route has changed slightly over the years its multi terrain, hilly and scenic  and I just love running around that route. The route feels as if it was made for me unlike the Otley 10 which I find is the totally opposite. It's not that I don't like the Otley 10 course a matter of fact I think it's a great course but it doesn't like me for some reason. Anyway the Ripon 10 is part of the Yorkshire Dales Race Series so I will have a keen eye on the results tomorrow, Marc Scott Richmond Zetland won the last race in the series at the Fountains 10k so it will be very interesting to see how close he gets to my time from last year. If he thrashes my time from last year then I had better look at trying to win the V40 category instead of the overall, it's always good to have my veteran status as a back up measure.
  Phil Teece of Billingham Marsh House Harriers has kindly pointed out to me that I already have a qualification time from the Edinburgh Marathon 2010 that is within the qualification dates for the London Marathon next year. So London here I come. No pressure now trying for a qualification time at the Redcar Half Marathon, wind, rain, snow or blazing hot sunshine it can do what it likes now. I'd rather be in a race than a time trial anyday.

No comments: