Saturday 18 January 2014

The journey.

  It's no longer about a come back instead it's now all about my journey to the National Championships in June. Everything now is focused on the nationals with each and every training session, all the sweat, the pain, the suffering and the battle to loose weight all driven with the nationals in mind.
   I was reading Ian Fishers Facebook status early on this week, (Ian being an old rival of mine but a friend even though I must of notched up at least thirty second placings due to him.) Any way his status read that he was feeling racy and fresh after a training session which tickled me as my status should of read that I was feeling wooden legged, lead footed and knackered after my training session. It just goes to show that I have some work to do before I have that racy feeling again.
   I said early on this week that It's not about the winning but it's all about being beaten. Unless you win there are three types of people, the ones that you have beaten, the ones that have beat you, and the worst of all the ones that beat you that you didn't want to beat you. The latter ones are the ones that cause deep mental scars and believe me I have a few of them that are still healing.

 

No comments: