Saturday 8 March 2014

Area 15

    I have now entered area 15 race space or in other words I am now capable of a sub sixteen minute 5k. I have my next 5k test run in two weeks time which I would imagine being quite uneventful now but by the time I get to the test run after that I will have my all time best time of fifteen minutes seventeen seconds well and truly in my sights. I am entering the RunMiddlesbrough 5k road race on the first of June to prepare myself for the Championships which are two weeks after that and also I will be aiming and to break my best time on record.
    I have been reading Dr Steve Peters book The Chimp Paradox  which is about mind management. He helped Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome with their Tour de France wins also he helped the snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan just to mention a few. The book is really interesting and explains how our brains work, I think I might be beyond help the more I read. I will keep reading just in case as there is another hundred pages to go yet.

No comments: