Wednesday 19 March 2014

Operation Attack Mode.

    After last Wednesday's disappointing speed training session I analysed the data and came up with the conclusion that I had a week link in my attack mode. The ability to accelerate and attack mid race or for that extra long sprint finish that is what I'm talking about. So  there was only one answer to solve that problem and that was to have some more of the punishment that I didn't like last week. This week I ramped up the speed a touch and shaved a touch off the interval time, all in all the session went well and there was definitely signs of improvement. I will continue rectifying this week link for a while before I move on to another week link that I have discovered, hill work.
   There is now only a week and half to go now before my first race back, I have checked and double checked my race gear and everything appears to be ready for action. I'm not superstitious or anything but I have had to make a slight change in the footwear department. The good old tried and tested  left sock on first, right shoe on first pre race scenario feels really odd. So it's left sock on first left shoe on first. Ahhh! That feels better. At least if my first race back goes pear shape I will have a logical reason as to why it went wrong.
    This Saturday is 5k test time again, you would think I would be dreading these tests but I actually look forward to them to prove to myself that my training is moving forward. I have been measuring out some 5k test routes locally so I can see what the difference is between the treadmill and the road. I reckon the
treadmill could be thirty seconds faster which just means I have more improvements to look forward to. The voice of doubt still haunts me and drives me round the bend morning noon and night. I was hoping my chimp paradox book would help but I haven't managed to reprogramme my brain yet. Funny thing is I even doubt if that is possible.



 
 

No comments: