Saturday 22 March 2014

Red Line Day

  The pace which I need to be running at for a 5k race is getting to be quite straight forward, all I need to do is keep my pace just about in the red line zone.
  I have shifted my target time now that many times I now  just go with whatever I can calculate from the data I have collected from the past few days. My original plan taken from my last 5k test run was to break the sixteen minute barrier, then it changed to 15 minutes 50 seconds last weekend and then today I
All set for a 5k test run.
obliterated all expectations once again and did it in 15 minutes 34 seconds. You would of thought I would be over the moon with that effort but to be honest it just feels like I have done a good hard work out, I think I was more chuffed when I just about broke the seventeen minute barrier. Funny old thing this running lark.
   I still feel there is plenty of room for improvement yet which keeps me keen for more training, as soon as I completed today's 5k test run I was straight into training for breaking the fifteen minute barrier.
    I am trying to convince myself that the next few races are just one piece of a jigsaw in my overall puzzle in the hope that I don't end up putting too much pressure on myself. I haven't raced for years so I should be just using my first race or two to give my lungs a good stretching and not get carried away with expecting to achieve any sort of time and then feeling disappointed when I don't achieve it.
 

No comments: