Wednesday 2 April 2014

Recalculating

RECALCULATING - My 5k treadmill test has now become 5.25km which should just about be equivalent to the road. I could of opted to add some gradient but instead I opted to go with the faster speed for longer.
   The new calculation has knocked me back a bit and once again the fight is on to get back under sixteen minutes. The training is definitely getting harder and the gains are getting less which also sounds about right for my present state of fitness.
  There is now eight weeks to go until the Middlesbrough 5k which will be my big test before the masters championships, it no longer feels like I have plenty of time spare and I'm sure I will need every last day if I'm going to achieve my plan of 15 minutes 40 seconds. My next 5k test is a week on Saturday with the sub sixteen battle fixed firmly in my sights, if I could achieve that it would be an enormous morale boost.
   I will be keeping a close eye on the results of the up and coming marathons to see how my fellow runners have done and I will definitely be watching the London marathon. I have no plans at the moment to do any marathons but I tell you what its an awesome event and there is no other running race that you can compare it to. Twenty miles is a stroll in the park compared to the marathon and like someone once said to me you have to do one to understand the feeling that you get when you cross that finishing line.
 

No comments: