Wednesday 15 April 2009

Back Breaker

The back breaker. The time had come to crack on with my drive way, for the last two years or more the master escape artist has always come up with an excuse to go running but this time I failed. After two days of hard digging and moving rubble my arms and back ache like hell. On the positive side I suppose it's like cross training without the fun.
Sunday I managed to get a four hour walk in around the North Yorkshire Moors from the Hole of Horcum to Levisham Train Station onto Newton Dale Halt Station then back to the car, all in all a glorious day out with the chance to recharge my legs after the twenty two miler.
With it being Club night I will just have to struggle as best as I can with the Interval Training, but I will be looking forward to getting back to my normal running routine. I certainly don't want to miss too much running at the moment as I have a good race ahead at the Sheffield Half Marathon, were I will be gunning for my best Half Marathon time ever and the race is also incorporating the Yorkshire Half Marathon Championships, plus the Yorkshire Vets Half Marathon Championships plus for the quadruple challenge I will have another go at Ian Fisher from Otley a good rival come friend, I will settle for getting within two minutes of him seeing as he says he's going well at the moment. I thought I would try some mind game stuff, seeing as I have nothing to loose by not beating the mighty Fisher.
This Friday will be another chance to get a twenty miler in seeing as I have the day off, the good old 6-7-6 run is looking good. The Kilburn 7 mile route with the six mile run there and the six mile back, should be a good test around the 7 mile section which I will be timing as a fast tempo run and comparing to last years pre-marathon training session. A mile short but I can live with that, I'll add it on to the next days training.

No comments: