Sunday 3 May 2009

Kirkbymoorside 10k Race.

I was hoping for an easy win today at the Kirkbymoorside 10k so that I would be almost in race shape for the Teesbarrage 10k race tomorrow morning. My plan was thrown into disarray when I bumped into Terry Wall from Morpeth Harriers, which then left me no alternative but to race hard and go for the win and take tomorrow as it comes. To be honest it was a tough first 5 miles with the first mile uphill, the headwind for two miles after that and finally with Terry Wall constantly attacking. I don't think I have ever run a 10k race like an interval session before, it felt like I was running two minutes hard with one minute of fast jog recovery. On the last steep climb at the 5 mile marker I attacked and opened up a slight lead which I then managed to increase slightly down the hill to the finish for victory.
I can't see my legs being up to the Job for tomorrows race but I will have a go and use it as a likeness to finishing a marathon with stiff legs. Yet again I was pleased with my performance over the last few miles.
Another fine victory for Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers was young Kez Paxton being the first Lady overall at the Kirkbymoorside 10k. Surely with her talent she must develop into a top class athlete.
Now it's time for the Pub to refuel, steak sandwich, chips and Lager should do the trick, I think I have been listening to my Club mates too much on post race refueling.

No comments: