Saturday 23 May 2009

The weight is over.

That's it ! I will have to accept that I am not going to get down to last years race weight. I had a real good go at dieting last week and almost starved to death. The result was an increase of a quarter of a pound, God knows what the hell that is all about. But I'm not too bothered with being two pounds over last years race weight as a journey into the unknown with the added muscle mass should be interesting. If I manage to beat last years time then all I can put it down to is the weight training, as I have not completed anywhere near as many long hard runs this year.
The gym at Thirsk swimming pool is receiving a £600,000 upgrade so I just hope that a Treadmill has been budgeted for that can do at least 15 mph as the 10mph machines they currently have are no where near fast enough unless I set them for running up a steep gradient.
The Blacksheep Race Series Championship continues tomorrow with the Melmerby 10k, so I will be going for my last all out effort from start to finish which will give me some idea what sort of marathon shape i'm in. Darran Bilton has won the race for the last two years, I can't see me beating him but it will make sure I suffer for the whole 10k and push me for a better race time.

No comments: