Monday 25 April 2011

Need for Speed.

 What's worse than not racing ? That's right looking at race results, I knew I shouldn't of bothered checking the results from the weekend as it has left me now desperately needing my next fix of a race somewhere. The only problem being is that I'm so way off the fitness level I'm looking for, I'm sure I am now capable of racing any distance upto half marathon and over any terrain but I know the best thing I can do now is knuckle down and do some serious training.
  A big thankyou has got to go to Wills and Kate for getting me the day off on Friday so I can get in a 20 mile training run, just when I needed it the most.
  I'm going to start adding speed work to my training plan from the middle of this week and then I'm going to try and fit in a few track training sessions in at Clairville Stadium with my new club North York Moors AC  to make sure I'm pushed to my extreme limits. Six weeks of good training and a warm up race should see me ready for action in time for the Kirkby Malzeard 10k which is part of the new Yorkshire Dales Race Series http://www.yorkshiredalesraceseries.co.uk/  which was formerly known as the Blacksheep Race Series.
 I feel the NEED FOR SPEED.
  The Carlton Challenge Fell Race is tomorrow night which is one of my favourite fell races and I will have a keen eye on those results to see how my rivals match up, my best time around that course was 32 mins 20 seconds which was 1 second off Charles Stead's record. Apart from trying for the record each time I have some great race memories.

No comments: