Saturday 25 February 2012

The Red Stuff.

 The cold weather a few weeks ago got the better of me so my total mileage for that week was a measly 17 miles and last week wasn't much better but I did managed to donate some blood which I have been meaning to do since I last gave blood 25 years ago. For the last 10 years or so I have been quite keen to give blood but felt that I needed every last drop of the red stuff to maintain my constant battle for another P.B. of any kind. After donating blood last Wednesday I opted to drop my training level a notch or two for the Saturday session and even that was impossible by the end of the session.
 The shift in the temperature and a glimpse of the sun has done wonders for me this week as I have happily knocked out a few weight training sessions, numerous bike rides to and from work and I have even managed to knock out thirty miles running which doesn't sound much to a competitive runner but in my present keep fit phase  it's more than enough. The training this morning went well with no effects of any kind  of missing blood cells so I can't see no reason to give some more come June / July.
 The cold weather also froze my attempt at loosing weight but now the sun is making an appearance I will resume with my resolution in try to loose a good chunk of weight. My plantar fasciitis is getting better, the night splint seems to work but the lack of sleep caused by foot ache due to my ankle trying its best to get back to its normal position leaves me with a pain free heal but tired as hell. Mr Old Running fox had a cortisone injection for his plantar fasciitis and hasn't had any problems since, that sounds like an excellent idea which I will be trying out for myself.
  It's only a couple of weeks to go before my next long distance walk  and this time we will be moving up in distance to 50 miles  with the plan of building up so we can manage the Richmond Way Walk which is from Lancaster Castle to Richmond Castle and a total of 60 miles. The long walks take a bit of time to get over each time which sets my running training back a step or two but on a positive note it doesn't set it back as much after completing a marathon race.

No comments: