Sunday 4 March 2012

Not Long.

 No long run for me this weekend as I'm giving my plantar foot muscle a bit of a rest in preparation for next Friday's long distance walk of 50 miles.I might of missed out on the long run but my treadmill session yesterday went well  with some improvement compared to recent results which was a bit of a surprise considering the limited amount of running I have been doing. As soon as the weather picks up and my plantar gets better I'm sure I will soon find myself clocking up 60 miles a week which will should help matters if I'm to run the Rainton 10k at the end of June.
 The weight training with lighter weights and high reps got a bit tedious so I switched back to the heavier weights and that has injected some much needed enthusiasm and once again I look forward to the training rather than it just being routine.
  With the lighter nights coming it won't be long now before I can get back to doing some serious mid week interval training at the Knayton Sports ground, I should be able to gauge my fitness level and see what I can expect to complete a 10k race in.

No comments: