Sunday 25 March 2012

The marathon is dead ! long live the marathon.

 Training wise this week has gone really well and I have managed to train every day in the form of running, cycling, cross training and weight training. The main focus being is that I clocked up thirty five miles running which is an improvement on this years weekly average of twenty four miles.
  I was sure that my enthusiasm for doing another marathon was well and truly out of the window, my motto used to be "train for a marathon but don't actually do one" but after doing one I became totally hooked and even though my marathon race times got gradually slower I always felt that no matter what time I ran I always felt that I had achieved something and proud of myself, you really have to do one to understand that feeling when you cross that line after twenty six point two miles. Anyway my plan is to do another one but without the pressure of wanting to crack 2 hours 25 minutes, running for a charity will be my motivation with the aim of a sub 3 hour time. The idea is to enjoy it with no pressure and to raise some money while I'm at it.
  I will try and notch up forty miles next week and send my entry off for the Rainton 10k, I was thinking of giving myself a chance of a  victory by entering the fun run but even that might be a tall order these days so  10k it is.

No comments: