Tuesday 6 August 2013

3 of 6

   Sunday I upped my long run route mileage to 18 miles but this time on a totally flat course. The first 15 miles were straight forward then the last 3 miles seemed to take for ever even though I was running at the same speed. I have now got three long runs in the bank and now I just need another three then I can think about getting some speed work done.
  I'm still thinking of doing the Wetherby 10k early September to give me something to aim for and train for but time is running out, at least if I run it I can see what kind of shape I'm in. Hopefully sub 40 minutes, sub 38 minutes would be great and sub 36 minutes would be a miracle. I will have to do a short fitness test of some sort nearer race day to assist in setting myself a race pace of some sort.
  I will be 45 come November and I'm very interested in doing the National Vets 5k Race next year, if I do decide to do it will definitely keep me motivated for training through winter.

No comments: